Wiikend hacks Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very friendly homebrew help site for the wii. Forum used in sync with Wiikendhacks.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
n14

Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii Empty
PostSubject: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:16 pm

alrite ryan
hows you ??
got a big problem i think ! installed neogamma r5 wad .
now when i start the wii i get as far as the health and safety page, press A
then blank screen ?? Ive tried taking the sd card out. but same thing !!
How do I get out of this one ??
look forward to your advice (again !!!!)
cheers
Paul
Back to top Go down
l2yan
Admin
Admin
l2yan

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:31 pm

lol aw shit

do you have preloader or bootmii installed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Wiikendhacks.com
n14

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:57 pm

just checked sd card and dont seem to have either No
Back to top Go down
fredfinkle
Contributor
Contributor
fredfinkle

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Does your regular wii screen come up, can you get into your wii settings, if so then your wii isn't bricked. Maybe you just didn't follow directions properly.
Back to top Go down
l2yan
Admin
Admin
l2yan

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:55 pm

he has a banner brick, without preloader or bootmii.
i'm thinking he is going to have to buy an Autoboot Drivekey :/

i wish i could think of what else he could do.
Back to top Go down
n14

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:01 am

Will I still have use of homebrew channel with the drivekey installed ??
will I be able to backup my discs using iso dumper anymore ??
stupid ( and expensive) mistake for me to make No
darent tell my daughter yet lol
Back to top Go down
l2yan
Admin
Admin
l2yan

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:27 am

oh yeah, definitely.
the drivekey is just used to autoboot a disc that you make, kind of like preloader, but with a disc.
so i was reading, you can make an autoboot disc with the homebrew app Anytitledeleter on it, then you can just delete the corrupted channel.
then if you want, remove the modchip and sell it if you want to.
Back to top Go down
n14

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:15 pm

ok ryan cheers
Iam going away for a couple of weeks on monday , so will order drivekey when i return.
can i get back in contact then. so you can help me with the drivekey and what to do ??
how do i make autoboot disc ??
Paul
Back to top Go down
l2yan
Admin
Admin
l2yan

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:52 pm

i'm not too smart with modchips paul, i'm sorry.
that was just what i read was the only other thing to do.

but i mean, if it comes down to me being the only person that can help, i'm sure i can learn really quick for you.

the drivekey site said though, that if you order it from there site, they will provide free phone and online help for you if you need it, at anytime for however long. so no worries Very Happy
Back to top Go down
n14

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:59 am

ok folks
its been a while but i have now bought and installed the drivekey in my wii. what next ?? do i now need a gamecube controller to get into the wii menu ?? have tried just playing a game but nothing ??? help needed please
Paul
Back to top Go down
fredfinkle
Contributor
Contributor
fredfinkle

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:30 pm

I wish I could help you out but I'm clueless hopefully Ryan will return soon.
Back to top Go down
l2yan
Admin
Admin
l2yan

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:50 pm

PAUL!! okay dude, yeah you need a gamecube controller.

youre going to have to make an autoboot disc for the wii and drivekey to read.

i have to find the instructions, so ill post them ASAP.
Back to top Go down
n14

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:52 am

cheers Ryan
well i got the gc controller. and i manage to get the black screen with 4.0 E in bottom right hand corner. i have the 1.31 recovery disc and wad manager 1.3 autoboot disc. but they will not boot ? i have tried to find a download for "universal boot disc v2" but dont seem to be having any luck. seems to have dissappeared off of sites. sent the drivekey back to make sure it is set to autoboot. and have been assured it has. so why wont discs start ??? anyone with any ideas ????
PLEASE !!!!
Paul
Back to top Go down
n14

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:52 am

SUCCESS !!!! sort of
managed to revive the wii using the "universal unbrick disc v2" and gamecube controller. the disc took me to wad manager 1.3 and i deleted the bad wad (neogamma v5).
the problem now is i get the channel screen up but no homebrew channel. i still have back up launcher and neogamma 0.3. but i dont know where homebrew channel has gone ?? I want to take the drivekey back out and then idealy wipe the wii back to virgin state and start again loading bannerbomb and all the latest apps !! is this advisable and if so how do i go about it ?? ive read that using the wii system menu reset doesnt get rid of all the cios on wii ??
at the moment with the drivekey the will will only play original discs aswell. cant play any back ups keep getting 002 error ??
help required please Ryan
cheers
Paul
Back to top Go down
l2yan
Admin
Admin
l2yan

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:47 pm

hey, sorry for the late response, but awesome job, essentially you did pretty much what my idea was lol
im not sure if you can uninstall the modchip, its possible, but its iffy. deleting cios files are dangerous, but if you know what you are doing you can use any title deleter. i will look more into uninstalling the modchip and get back to you paul.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii   Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii Empty

Back to top Go down

Help !! i think ive bricked my (daughters) wii
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wiikend hacks Forum :: Wiikend hacks - Main :: Help-
Jump to: