Wiikend hacks Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very friendly homebrew help site for the wii. Forum used in sync with Wiikendhacks.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Afraid of the answer but here it goes...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cachimbo

Afraid of the answer but here it goes... Empty
PostSubject: Afraid of the answer but here it goes...   Afraid of the answer but here it goes... EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Hello. I'm new to the Wii scene (just got myself one for Xmas) and after days of researching different mod sites, Tube vids, forums and even paying for a membership to (suposedly) the best wii download site and finding out everything they gave me I could get for free (don't worry, I got a refund), I decided to softmod my Wii with all the tools on this site. I'm posting this hoping someone out there has an (any) answer:

I've got a 4.1E, non LU64, wireless networked Wii. I got to install the HBC and everything went sweet. When I tried to install the WAD Manager, I got the -2011 Error. I went ahead and (terrified) installed the Trucha thing. It seemed to work fine. Then I installed the Wad Manager and I could gather that it installed OK. Here comes the clincher, when trying to install the backup launcher, my Wii froze up on the Wad manager page. The only thing I could do was to unplug it. I kept trying and it kept doing the same. One thing I noticed was that. initially, when I started the whole process, my Wii didn't have the IOS249 as an option (only the IOS257 which I think is the right one for 4.1). After the trucha load, the IOS249 would appear and whenever I hit it by scrolling or going to it that's when the freeze-up would happen. Scared to have bricked my new Wii, I went ahead and deleted the HBC. Apparently, my Wii is not bricked because the menu comes up and I can still play the few original games I have. However, if I try the whole process again, when I go to DATA MGNT > Wii CHANNELS > DS CARD, the screen goes black and nothing happens. I've tried it with my SD card loaded with different HBC packages and it's always the same. Is this a lost cause? Have I done something that has no fix? Thanks for your help and I apologize for this long post. Have a great Xmas and thanks again for anything you might throw my way.
Back to top Go down
fredfinkle
Contributor
Contributor
fredfinkle

Afraid of the answer but here it goes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afraid of the answer but here it goes...   Afraid of the answer but here it goes... EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:46 pm

I have no clue why your back up launcher froze, you did everything right, so you are on the right track. I would recommend that you install the latest and best neogamma on the site which is r7 here is the direct link.
http://www.wiikendhacks.com/2009/09/neogamma-r7.html
I keep saying this and will tell you do after you successfully install homebrew install a preloader.
http://www.wiikendhacks.com/2009/07/preloader-029.html
Protect yourself and have fun.
Keep us updated
Back to top Go down

Afraid of the answer but here it goes...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wiikend hacks Forum :: Wiikend hacks - Main :: Wii Chat-
Jump to: